Are you the victim of an accident in the workplace? If you have suffered an injury, or contracted an illness at the office, you may be able to claim compensation. We are Office Accident Claims specialists and our experienced solicitors can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Thousands of people in the UK are injured in the office due the negligence of a colleague or employer. Your employer is obliged to adhere to certain health and safety regulations which are in place to prevent accidents in the workplace.
Your employer must:
- Check equipment such as computers and office furniture regularly and replace or repair faulty or damaged equipment
- Keep walkways and doorways clear of obstructions such as loose wires or boxes
- Make employees aware of any potential risks in their workplace and prove appropriate training to minimise these risks. This could involve providing eye tests and protective screens for computer monitors
- Make a record of any illnesses and accidents, and report incidents to the appropriate government body
- Provide an appropriate and adequate first aid area with all necessary equipment
- Inform all employees of the location of the first aid area and first aid equipment
- Take action on any notifications of faulty or damaged equipment
- Take action on any notifications of obstructions or other potential hazards in the office
- Place the company’s Health and Safety poster in a prominent position in the office and notify staff of its whereabouts. Alternatively, each employee can be provided with an individual health and safety card
Office Accident Claims
An office can be a hazardous place if health and safety guidelines are not followed. Office Accident Claims may include:
- Broken bones or cuts from trips or falls over loose wiring, raised paving, or on stairs
- Injuries caused by slipping on carpets, rugs or spilled fluids
- Burns and Electrocution from faulty wiring or damaged equipment
- Back injuries from inadequate or faulty seating
- Office Accident Claims come in various forms and even if your injury is not listed here, you may be able pursue compensation.
Why Make a Claim?
Injuries sustained at work can be costly, and compensation can help pay for medical fees, transport costs and other expenses accrued due to your injuries. Many claimants are also awarded damages for loss of earnings due to not being able to work as a result of their injuries.
Office Accident Claims Solicitors
Being involved in a workplace accident can be incredibly distressing, but we are here to make claiming compensation as stress-free as possible. Our friendly, dedicated team of legal experts aim to process your claim as quickly as possible. In order for your claim to be successful, it is important to be represented by a firm with experience in this specific area of law.
For further information about Office Accident Claims, and to find out just how much you could be awarded, call us on 08000 430 430 for a free initial consultation. If you would prefer a call-back, simply fill in the contact form and we will be in touch as soon as possible